Friday, September 28, 2007

a little friday ad lovin'...

I promised myself that I was going to blog every single day that Joey is away, come rain or shine. Today, while it's pretty sunshine-y outside, inside I'm a bit rainy. I'm really not feeling so hot today and without going into detail let's just say I'm way interested in grabbing my sleeping puppy and curling up in a ball on the couch until I absolutely have to be sitting upright tonight!



I wanted to share a couple of ads that I have been so inspired by lately. While I'm not necessarily a huge Asics fan (I've always been a Puma lover myself) these new ads they are releasing are so cool (I've only seen them in Maxim, which we now get for free b/c we couldn't rack up enough airline miles b4 they were expiring - but we did get like 5 yearly subscriptions of different mags, whatever!). The titles/journal lines are always so cool and they scream funky grimy layout to me! I'm hoping to incorporate this a bit in a new art journal I want to start AFTER I finish a few other projects that are waiting patiently for me to get moving on.



I also want to wish my Mom a really Happy Birthday! I haven't done a ton of scrapping yet about my family and this is definitely one of those days that I so regret it. I can't wait to get home for a stay where I can just focus on my family, take some portraits and candids, and just reconnect with them again. My mom and I are closer now than we have ever been and I appreciate her so much. She is so supportive of me and she is such a strong amazing woman. I am so stoked to be able to see her in a few weeks in Orlando. She's going to CKU and I get to crop with her and some of her friends for a post-CKU weekend retreat. My mom got me started scrapping and she has been so encouraging (she's also where I get any ounce of artistic talent that I may have, she's an amazing artist and I can't wait to see how our art evolves together!)

Well, I'm starting to feel ucky again so I think it's time to lay down with a glass of tea and hope that these OTC drugs start working a bit. Sometimes they help, sometimes they don't. I know this is probably the most boring post in the world. I'll be better by tonight and will be more interesting by then again too, I hope!

{hugs!}

{smooches to you Joey, I miss you babe!}

2 comments:

just lisa said...

hope you feel better Meredith!!!

Sunnymommie said...

Awesome Picture!!! I think it great idea to scrap this picture!!!