Saturday, April 12, 2008

my poor little roxy...


I noticed yesterday that Roxy was paying a lot of attention to one of her front paws - licking it a lot and pulling at one of the nails. So we went in to see the vet today and sure enough, she has an infection in her nail bed. Poor little girl has to wear this halo/cone thingy for the next week so that she doesn't infect it more by licking it herself, and she's on a week of antibiotics. I'm glad I took her in right away and that I *crossing my fingers* hopefully caught it before the toenail needed to be removed. I think she'll be just fine...

But I feel so bad for her in the cone. She doesn't like it and just looks sad. Plus Crystal is a little weirded out by the cone so she's kinda acting spastic around Roxy. Like she's got the plague, lol! I took it off just now so she could eat b/c she was crying by the food... but I have to get it back on her sometime. What's really sad is that we were planning on getting her spayed next week too... so she's going to be REALLY mad at us by the time we move and expect her to be good in a car for two days, lol! Oh well....

So for the rest of today I'm packing up my office closet and scrapbooking. Joe comes in next weekend so I have to be pretty much ready to go so that we can have some time to relax together and have the place packed up... I'm going to try to set up a little beach day for us next week just to soak it in and say goodbye to Naples. I still have a week after his weekend here to finish up if the moving units aren't totally packed.

Whew! There's a lot to do... But I'm really getting so excited now! Things are moving fast!

I got an invite out to Park Slope Beach today and while it's an amazing beach day I think my time is better spent packing - plus I have to watch that Crystal and Roxy don't get into it or out of the cone to her paw!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Cricket said...

sorry your fur-baby has to wear that cone! I remember when my little guy had surgery and needed to wear one, they look so pathetic in them don't they?!

hope the infection heals fast!!

Mandi Johnson said...

Sorry for your doggie! That happened to mine (miniature cocker) once too... and she was so cute running into furniture with her "lampshade". hehe